Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dave Salmon <ds...@Equilibrium.com> on 2005/04/05 05:20:07 UTC

help with ssl certificate installation

Tomcat users,

I have received three .crt files from a certificate authority. From
reading
several sources it seemed like the proper thing to do was

keytool -import -file GTECyberTrustGlobalRoot.crt -alias root
-trustcacerts
	-keystore mykey.jks

keytool -import -file ComodoSecurityServicesCA.crt -alias comodo
	-trustcacerts -keystore mykey.jks -storepass

keytool -import -file freerangeinc_virtual_vps-host_net.crt
	-alias tomcat -trustcacerts -keystore mykey.jks

This created the file mykey.jks which when viewed with

keytool -list -file mykey.jks

seems like it has everything in it.

However when I point my server.xml file at mykey.jks I get an error
(below)

Could someone please tell me what I am missing here?

Thanks.

2005-04-04 21:39:52,741 ERROR
[org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint]
Endpoint [SSL: ServerSocket[addr=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0,port=0,localport=8443]]

ignored exception: java.net.SocketException: SSL handshake
errorjavax.net.ssl.SSLException: No available certificate or key
corresponds
to the SSL cipher suites which are enabled.
java.net.SocketException: SSL handshake errorjavax.net.ssl.SSLException:

No available certificate or key corresponds to the SSL cipher suites
which are enabled.
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSESocketFactory.acceptSocket(JSSESocke
tFactory.java:113)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.acceptSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.
java:368)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:54
9)
	at
.java:683)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)