Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by sabman <sa...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/21 19:11:23 UTC

DIH Scheduling

There is information
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler#Scheduling here  about
Scheduling but I don't understand how to use them. I am not a Java developer
so maybe I am missing something obvious.

Based on instructions
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3206171/how-can-i-schedule-data-imports-in-solr/6379306#6379306
here , it says Create classes ApplicationListener, HTTPPostScheduler and
SolrDataImportProperties. Where do I create them and how do I add them to
solr?

Re: DIH Scheduling

Posted by sabman <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. Using curl would be an option but ideally I want to implement it
using this scheduler. I want to add Solr as part of another application
package and send it to clients. So rather than asking them run a cron job it
would be easier to have Solr configured to run the scheduler.

Re: DIH Scheduling

Posted by Gora Mohanty <go...@mimirtech.com>.
On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 10:41 PM, sabman <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is information
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler#Scheduling here  about
> Scheduling but I don't understand how to use them. I am not a Java developer
> so maybe I am missing something obvious.
[...]

Depending on what operating system you are using, you could probably
use curl, and the OS periodic-task scheduler, like UNIX cron, to achieve
DIH scheduling, without programming in Java.

Regards,
Gora