Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/11 18:34:20 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] new component for timing?

Thanks to everyone who took that time to review.

Although my preference was to contribute this utility back to commons, it seems like it has kind
of spiraled into something much more, and there doesn’t seem to be a clear consensus.

So if you think it was useful :
you grab it now from https://bintray.com/palindromicity/stackwatch/stackwatch/0.0.1
https://github.com/palindromicity/stackwatch

On April 23, 2018 at 08:16:46, Gilles (gilles@harfang.homelinux.org) wrote:

On Mon, 23 Apr 2018 04:54:21 -0700, Otto Fowler wrote:
> Bump

More than a vote, you need someone to take on the tasks to
create the new component.

I feel that no argument were made against bringing ex-Sirona
back to "Commons" (or contributing your code to Romain's
Sirona fork), and I'm afraid that nothing else will be
added to that component (or: where is the plan?).

Best,
Gilles

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Side note: geronimo just started to implement Microprofile metrics which is
a kind of copy of the dropwizard/codehale API, maybe it can be a place to
host this kind of thing too. [1] is quite close I think

[1]
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=geronimo-metrics.git;a=blob;f=src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/microprofile/metrics/impl/TimerImpl.java;h=d8ac05ecef4aea726fe8d8b948e0d067ad35f455;hb=HEAD

Romain Manni-Bucau