Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Maik Weber <ma...@gmx.de> on 2001/08/06 09:44:07 UTC

path-statements in schemas

Hello everybody,

i have a question regarding to path-statements in schemas. In a schema
you can define references for example to other schemas using the
<include> or <import> - element (depends on namespaces). My question is
if there is anywhere definied how these path-statements have to be?

In the actual version of Xerces - as default - you have to define the
path-statements relative to the xml-document using the schema. If you
want to define path-statements relative to the schema-document you have
to write your own EntityResolver. Also that using is different to the
path-statements of referenced DTDs in a DTD (via Parameter Entities).

I think defining path-statements relative to the schema-document should
be the default. Also because Xerces is a tool thats often used for
working with xml-documents. That's why I ask me if there's a
recommendation for how to use schemas and references via <include> and
<import>?

Maik

--
* Homepage: www.webis-world.de
* mailto        : maikweber@gmx.de

RE: path-statements in schemas

Posted by David NeSmith <dn...@chemconnect.com>.
I agree with you Maik, I had the same problem and wrote my own
EntityResolver. Which was a snap and a real quick fix. But it would be nice
to have the default resolver be able to find an include relative to the
schema.
-David

Posted by Maik Weber <ma...@gmx.de>.
Hello David,

i have tried to fix this problem, too. But it seems to me as it is larger
problem of Xerces-schema-implementation. Is it possible that you can send me
your own EntityResolver? It would be very nice from you

thx
maik