Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dario Hernan <sl...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/29 15:27:40 UTC

Tomcat + SSL + Cluster

Hi all, I'm running tomcat 5 with SSL support, I need to put this
server in a cluster with other server, I need some advice about the
architecture to use, Have I put a server before the cluster to manage
the ssl? or should I use a database to share the certificates and user
sessions between the cluster's nodes?

Can you give some advice?

Thanks in advance!
Dario

Re: Tomcat + SSL + Cluster

Posted by Dwayne <dw...@gmail.com>.
I think the best way to cluster anything is with terracotta.  Open source
and easy to drop in existing code.  terracotta clusters the JVM and is like
10x - 100x faster than native Tomcat clustering.  Weird to think about
without seeing it.  Check out thier flash demo. terracotta.org  Eclipse and
(I think) Maven have a plug in for it.

Anyhow, in this case what I would do (with terracotta) is store the temp
data in the DSO server that is shared by all app nodes.