Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by John Ray <jr...@postoffice.ag.ohio-state.edu> on 1999/02/18 19:19:35 UTC

general/3918: CGIs that require ANY sort of processing time fail. No errors are logged.

>Number:         3918
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       CGIs that require ANY sort of processing time fail.  No errors are logged.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I've compiled a plain-jane Apache 1.3.4, and have configured it as appropriately as possible.  This was to be an upgrade from v1.2.  Unfortunately, any CGI that takes awhile to generate its output has stopped working.  I'm assuming this has something to do w/ the new non-buffered CGI processing.  What it *looks* like is that the server doesn't recieve any data from the CGI within a certain timeout period, and simply says "thats it", and kills the CGI.  There is nothing logged to the error log file (which is set on debug) and the browser displays whatever data it has managed to get. CGIs which run *quickly* work just fine!
>How-To-Repeat:
Here's our 1.2 server: http://www.ag.ohio-state.edu/~majordom/showmajor.cgi
This is 1.3.4: http://www.ag.ohio-state.edu:8080/~majordom/showmajor.cgi

The problem should be obvious upon looking at the two URLs.
>Fix:
Well, with nothing showing up in the error log, I have no idea what's going wrong :(