Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Phanindra Reva <re...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/14 08:30:09 UTC

question regarding dynamic fields

Hello..,
             I have observed that the text or keywords which are being
indexed using dynamicField concept are being searchable only when we
mention field name too while querying.Am I wrong with my observation
or  is it the default and can not be changed? I am just wondering if
there is any route to search the text indexed using dynamicFields with
out having to mention the field name in the query.
Thanks.

Re: question regarding dynamic fields

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.
use a copyField to copy those fields to another field and search on that

Noble Paul | Systems Architect| AOL | http://aol.com

Re: question regarding dynamic fields

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 1:00 PM, Phanindra Reva <re...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello..,
>             I have observed that the text or keywords which are being
> indexed using dynamicField concept are being searchable only when we
> mention field name too while querying.Am I wrong with my observation
> or  is it the default and can not be changed? I am just wondering if
> there is any route to search the text indexed using dynamicFields with
> out having to mention the field name in the query.
> Thanks.

If you are asking if you can give *_s to search on all dynamic fields ending
with "_s" then the answer is no. You must specify the field name.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.