Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Desai, Chetan P [ITS]" <Ch...@mail.sprint.com> on 2003/07/31 23:34:34 UTC

Uncaught exception in PropertyConfigurator - log4j1.2.8 ?

I tried searching the mailing list but did not find a solution to the following issue I face which causes my code to crash:
 a) If the filename specified in args[0] does not exist
 b) If there are syntax errors in the contents of the Configuration files specified by args[0]

Any help/pointers will be appreciated.

	try {
	 	PropertyConfigurator.configure(args[0]);
	}catch(Exception e) {
		BasicConfigurator.configure();
	}

	System.out.println("After catch block never reached!");
 }

-Chetan desai.