Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by André Pauzé <an...@videotron.ca> on 2015/09/21 19:39:29 UTC

Bug after installation OpenOffife 4.1.1

System :
iMac
Mac OS X Yosemite
in : canada/français (french/canada)
Intel Core 2 Duo 3,08 Ghz

Application
_*OpenOffice 4.1.1*_ downloaded  9/18/2015

Problem :
When attempting opening a table on the base component  (database) it
refuse to open because it dont find the java component.
Message (Software installed in French, i will traduce ) :
     Impossible to establish a connection with data source "MyDataBaseName"
     No Java installation found, verify your installation.
When going to detail, I have :
          Statut SQL: HY000
          No Java installation found, verify your installation.

_By the way *OpenOffice.org v. 3*_ still function well and finding it by
preference menu item at :
Java  provide by Apple v 1.6.0_65
           Emplacement :
/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/ContentsHome

Re: Can OpenOffice 4.1.1 open Publisher Files

Posted by "M.J. Grove" <m....@dslextreme.com>.
You could try the latest development versions of Scribus:  1.5 something.
M.J. Grove

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Can OpenOffice 4.1.1 open Publisher Files

Posted by Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>.
Hi Jim,

OpenOffice can't open Publisher files, but a group of open source
developers at the Document Liberation Project
http://www.documentliberation.org/ developed a library a while back
(libmspub) that allows any open source program that wants it access to the
MS Publisher file format. That library is included in at least LibreOffice
and Scribus to my knowledge, and which you choose depends on what you want
to do with the file afterwards. I'm not aware of software to write the MS
Publisher format though, so this will be a one-way import into the
program(s) you choose and their chosen format(s).

HTH

Simon

Posted by Jim Thompson <Op...@analog-innovations.com>.