Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Jamal Inkoom <ji...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/15 18:28:47 UTC

Adding Linked Savings account to a loan after approval

Hello Seniors,

Is there a way of adding/changing a linked savings account to a loan after
disbursement? This is what I'm trying to do:

I'm using the APIs to migrate loans from a different system onto mifos.
Now for the initial disbursement, I don't want them in the savings accounts
because these  are running loans and customers already have the cash
therefore the disbursed amounts should not show as balances in the client
savings account. So I don't want to use the disburseToSavings option.
However, because the loans were submitted with linkedAccounts, there is an
error during disbursal that complains about insufficient balance
(error.msg.savingsaccount.transaction.insufficient.account.balance).

The alternative is to book the loans without linkedAccounts but right after
disbursement, I want all the loans to be linked to a savings account.

I will be grateful for any help on this matter.

regards,

Jamal