Posted to users@maven.apache.org by David Goodenough <da...@btconnect.com> on 2009/02/20 22:08:57 UTC

Problem with maven-ear-plugin

I am trying to use the maven-ear-plugin, and I keep getting:-

[INFO] Failed to initialize ear modules

Embedded error: Unknown artifact type[zip]

I have tried using -X to get the debug messages, but I can not
see where it is finding a ZIP file to use as an artifact.  There are
three modules I have specified (all jar files), but nothing else.

How do I find out what it was trying to package that is causing it
to try package a ZIP file.

David

Re: Problem with maven-ear-plugin

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
For the record, I am stuck on one issue but when I am done I will probably
call for vote since the plugin will support JBoss5.

S.

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 6:02 PM, David Goodenough <
david.goodenough@btconnect.com> wrote:

> Great, that fixed that problem.  It was (fortunately) a package under my
> control.
>
> But now I have a further problem.
>
> It complains:-
>
> [INFO] Deployment
> descriptor: ... /AdminEar-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT/META-INF/application.xml does not
> exist
>
> Now in pom.xml I have,

>        <configuration>
>          <version>5</version>
>          <generateApplicationXml>false</generateApplicationXml>
>
> In EJB Version 5 application.xml is not required.  I found a hit on google
> from a while back saying that this problem existed, and making reference
> to a new version of the maven-ear-plugin (2.3.2) which fixes this, but
> the latest version in the central maven repositories is 2.3.1.  Does the
> new version exist, and if so how does it get uploaded to the central
> repository?
>
> David
>
> On Saturday 21 February 2009, Stephane Nicoll wrote:
> > You have a transitive dependencies of type zip which seems pretty bad to
> > me.
> >
> > mvn dependency:resolve will give you the list of dependencies
> > mvn dependency:tree will explain where this zip dependency is coming from
> >
> > You can use excludes or you can fix the project you own it.
> >
> > HTH,
> > Stéphane
> >

> > On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 10:08 PM, David Goodenough <
> >
> > david.goodenough@btconnect.com> wrote:
> > > I am trying to use the maven-ear-plugin, and I keep getting:-
> > >
> > > [INFO] Failed to initialize ear modules
> > >
> > > Embedded error: Unknown artifact type[zip]
> > >
> > > I have tried using -X to get the debug messages, but I can not
> > > see where it is finding a ZIP file to use as an artifact.  There are
> > > three modules I have specified (all jar files), but nothing else.
> > >
> > > How do I find out what it was trying to package that is causing it
> > > to try package a ZIP file.
> > >
> > > David

Large Systems Suck: This rule is 100% transitive. If you build one, you
suck" -- S.Yegge

Re: Problem with maven-ear-plugin

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> to a new version of the maven-ear-plugin (2.3.2) which fixes this, but
> the latest version in the central maven repositories is 2.3.1.  Does the
> new version exist, and if so how does it get uploaded to the central
> repository?

If its not in Central, then it hasn't been released yet. You'll need
to set up your pom to use the Snapshot repo for now:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/

You can see the plugin 2.3.2-SNAPSHOT is available here:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-ear-plugin/2.3.2-SNAPSHOT/

Wayne

Re: Problem with maven-ear-plugin

Posted by David Goodenough <da...@btconnect.com>.