Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "B.saravanan balasundaram" <jb...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/07 10:26:33 UTC

help me please???

Dear sir,

 This is saravanan mailing use, i like to use php with tomcat version 4.1 on O/S windows 2000.

I have downloaded php4 and tomcat server and installed the same
in my system. i have followed all the instructions provided in the
site "php.net" still im able to work with php & server.Iam furnishing
all the detail below what i have done, please send me the detail regarding the same...

Installation of Php and configuring:
=======================

1.UnZip the "php-4.3.1-Win32 " folder into another folder and name it as "php3"
2. Now, if u choose cgi-bin flavour then copy the php extension
dll files (from "extension" folder)in to
WINNT/System32
3.Now Copy the file, php.ini-dist to 'winnt' folder and save as php.int
4.Edit php.int and find the 'extension_dir' and set it to c:\php3
5.Uncomment all the 'extension="dlls" ' in the php.init
6.ScriptAlias /php3/ "c:/php3"

         AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3

         AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .phtml

         Action application/x-httpd-php3 "/php3/php.exe"

                           with thanks sara.

Re: help me please???

Posted by Jason Bainbridge <ja...@jblinux.org>.
On Sat, 7 Jun 2003 16:26, B.saravanan balasundaram wrote:
> his is saravanan mailing use, i like to use php with tomcat version 4.1 on
> O/S windows 2000.
Hi,

You want the Apache Web Server for PHP not Tomcat, you can download this and
find out more information from the below URL:

http://httpd.apache.org/

If you want all three Apache, Tomcat and PHP working together then you need to
plug Tomcat into Apache with mod_jk2.

Jason Bainbridge
http://jblinux.org