Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Ryan J Baxter <rj...@us.ibm.com> on 2012/04/23 19:16:55 UTC

Updating The Shindig Site

I think we all can agree that the Shindig site is in need of some serious
love. In addition I think we should be looking at moving the Shindig site
over to use CMS [1] which will make it easier to update in the future and
keep us more in line with other Apache sites.  To kick start this effort I
have checked in the start of a CMS version of the Shindig site [2].  I
have also create a short wiki page on how to build the site locally with
some links how more information about CMS [3].

I am hoping other people on this list have some spare time that they can
put towards transferring / updating pages over to the CMS site, so I am
looking for a few more folks who would be interested in helping.

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html
[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shindig/site/trunk/cms/
[3] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SHINDIG/Shindig+CMS+Site

-Ryan

Re: Updating The Shindig Site

Posted by Ryan J Baxter <rj...@us.ibm.com>.
Henry I point you to which section you need to read to install your dev
environment, so you don't have to read the whole thing :)

I would appreciate if others would give it a shot too, and let me know of
any road blocks you run into.

-Ryan

From:   Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>
To:     dev@shindig.apache.org,
Date:   04/24/2012 03:16 PM
Subject:        Re: Updating The Shindig Site

Hi Ryan,

I am sheepishly admit that I havent been able to run the script. The
instruction in the Shindig wiki requires me to read the ASF CMS page
which is not a light reading material before going to bed =P

I will try to run the script and deploy the CMS based site later today.

- Henry

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 5:31 AM, Ryan J Baxter <rj...@us.ibm.com>
wrote:
> Henry, were you able to run the CMS build scripts following the
> information I posted out on the wiki?  If not, where did you fall short?
> can try and fill in gaps on the documentation but I need to know what is
> not clear.  I have setup the build scrips on 2 Macs (10.7 and 10.6) but
> not on Windows or Linux yet so there may be other things we want to add
> the wiki page depending on the OS you are running.  I tried not to
> duplicate information since most of the steps to set everything up is
> posted on the CMS pages themselves and I would rather they have the
final
> say on how to run the CMS builds and keep anything specific to the
Shindig

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ryan,

From:   Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>