Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Kruse, Stephen S" <St...@gd-ms.com> on 2019/11/20 12:46:57 UTC

Using the .m2 directory for deployment

Hi,

I am looking into possible deployment strategies with maven to support the
current project I'm working on.  One strategy I am thinking about is to use
the .m2 for deployment as well as the development environment.  I have not
seen anyone else talk of using the .m2 for deployment purposes and was
hoping that I could get a good understanding of why.  One benefit I foresee
is having the same environment used for both the development and runtime
environment.  Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

H Stephen Kruse

General Dynamics (GD-MS)

12450 Fair Lakes Cir, Fairfax, VA 22033

BYG-1/TCS Software Lead

Office: (703) 272-1774

Re: Using the .m2 directory for deployment

Posted by Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net>.
Hello,

Actually Karaf (OSGi) can watch and deploy bundles directly from the/a local repository. This means it will pick up artifacts as soon as they are locally installed. This works fine for quick turn-arounds in dev environments. I am not so sure if it is a good idea for production deployments (especially if it would need to watch a larger number of artifacts).

Gruss
Bernd

--
http://bernd.eckenfels.net