Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by 정승훈 <4u...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/22 12:52:12 UTC

Hello. I have a question using PDDocument.addPage()

Hello, I'm student at Hanyang UNIV. in Korea.

I study PDFbox for developing my PDF Solution.
But now, I have a problem.

I want to insert page anywhere, however PDFbox api only insert page at last.
So I try to inheritance PDDocument class.

myPDDocument.java

public class myPDDocument extends PDDocument{

public myPDDocument() throws IOException {

super();

}

}

main.java

string filename = "abc.pdf"

myPDDocument document = new myPDDocument();

document = (myPDDocument) PDDocument.load(filename);

But "org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDDocument cannot be cast to
main.myPDDocument" happen.

How do it?

Thank you. Have a nice day!

>From Seounghun, Jeong

Tel) +82-10-2964-2008

Re: Hello. I have a question using PDDocument.addPage()

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

Am 22.06.2013 12:52, schrieb 정승훈:
> Hello, I'm student at Hanyang UNIV. in Korea.
>
> I study PDFbox for developing my PDF Solution.
> But now, I have a problem.
>
> I want to insert page anywhere, however PDFbox api only insert page at last.
> So I try to inheritance PDDocument class.

> myPDDocument.java

> public class myPDDocument extends PDDocument{
>
> public myPDDocument() throws IOException {
>
> super();
>
> }

> }
>

> main.java

> string filename = "abc.pdf"
>
> myPDDocument document = new myPDDocument();
>
> document = (myPDDocument) PDDocument.load(filename);
>
> But "org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDDocument cannot be cast to
> main.myPDDocument" happen.
>
> How do it?
PDDocument.load() is a static method and returns always an instance of
PDDocument which can't be cast to your class. There are to possible solutions

- trasnform the provided PDDocument into your class as follows:

PDDocument doc = PDDocument.load(filename);
myPDDocument myDoc = new myPDDocument(doc.getDocument());

- override the load-method too using the same idea as above

> Thank you. Have a nice day!
>
>  From Seounghun, Jeong
>
> Tel) +82-10-2964-2008

BR