Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/12 14:17:08 UTC

Re: svn commit: r473770 - in /maven/plugins/trunk/maven-site-plugin: ./ src/main/java/org/apache/maven/plugins/site/ src/site/apt/examples/ src/test/java/ src/test/java/org/ src/test/java/org/apache/ src/test/java/org/apache/maven/ src/test/java/org/

Thanks Brett! See my comments in-line.

2006/11/11, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>:
> Hi Vincent,
>
> Thanks for this! I think there was a JIRA for the general case which
> you might want to close as being superceded by the other one too.

Closing MSITE-88. Is it this issue that you are thinking about?

> I have a couple of comments unrelated to the main change:
>
> On 12/11/2006, at 5:47 AM, vsiveton@apache.org wrote:
>
> >          }
> >          catch ( MalformedURLException e )
> >          {
> > +            try
> > +            {
> > +                toUrl = new File( to ).toURL();
> > +            }
> > +            catch ( MalformedURLException e1 )
> > +            {
> > +                getLog().warn( "Unable to load an URL for '" + to
> > + "': " + e.getMessage() );
> > +            }
> >          }
>
> I'm not quite sure what these would do - why would the URL be given
> as a file?

I found an "unknown protocol" exception. It is related to MSITE-91
(See getSiteDescriptorFile(...)  ). I would have to commit it before,
my mistake.

> > -    protected MavenProject getParentProject( MavenProject project )
> > +    protected MavenProject getParentProject( MavenProject aProject )
>
> Just a nitpick - can you avoid making unrelated changes like this
> (which only changed the variable name), as it puts a lot of noise
> into the diff? Thanks :)

You right, I will do.

Cheers,

Vincent