Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Janne Johansson <jj...@it.su.se> on 2004/10/06 15:07:36 UTC

swig 1.32x bindings.

I set myself up to adding swig python bindings to svn 1.1.0 and beat my
headagainst the wall for quite some time before realizing that the latest
swig (1.3.22) have removed their runtime .so libs completly from the
distribution. 1.3.21 had them, so incase someone else tries this, go for
1.3.21 directly and save hours of work.

For those in the svn team that work on the other end of the stick, you probably
have to figure out how to not use libswig.so for whatever you use it, since
it will not be available anymore as far as I can see. I really don't know
what the impact of this will be, and I don't use swig myself, though I
build it for the local users here.

Re: swig 1.32x bindings.

Posted by Holger Hoffstätte <ho...@wizards.de>.
Janne Johansson wrote:
> For those in the svn team that work on the other end of the stick, you
> probably
> have to figure out how to not use libswig.so for whatever you use it, since
> it will not be available anymore as far as I can see. I really don't know
> what the impact of this will be, and I don't use swig myself, though I
> build it for the local users here.

The most obvious fallout for most people is that ViewCVS will not work
anymore. :(

-h