Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2013/01/15 19:54:51 UTC

Codesnippets: What is it? Who is hosting it? Do we still want it?

http://codesnippets.services.openoffice.org/index.xml

I noticed this linked to from another page.  It looks a mess.  But the
source does not appear to be in SVN, so I don't see any way to clean
it up.

-Rob

Re: Codesnippets: What is it? Who is hosting it? Do we still want it?

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.
Having it in the wiki would be nice, because then our users can find more
information in ONE place.

I am all for anything the puts information in one common URL (e.g.
wiki.openoffice.org), having to look for information on multiple sites is
not exactly user friendly (hint to Cwiki).

rgds
jan I.

Posted by Juergen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Pitonyak <an...@pitonyak.org>.
On 15.01.2013 14:19, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 2:06 PM, Rony G. Flatscher
> <ro...@wu.ac.at> wrote:
>> Rob,
>>
>> Am 15.01.2013 um 19:54 schrieb Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>:
>>
>>> http://codesnippets.services.openoffice.org/index.xml
>>>
>>> I noticed this linked to from another page.  It looks a mess.  But
>>> the
>>> source does not appear to be in SVN, so I don't see any way to
>>> clean
>>> it up.
>>>
>>> -Rob
>>>

>> The corresponding e-mail of last year (March 11th, 2012), including
>> the contact information, attached.
>>

> OK.  Thanks.  So it is external and not under our control, though
> obviously we could drop the DNS entry if we feel this is abandoned.
>
> I can see how having code snippets would be useful for developers,
> But can't we do most of this on the MWiki?

Odd..... I had always assumed that it was an official site supported by
Sun.

Re: Codesnippets: What is it? Who is hosting it? Do we still want it?

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Rony G. Flatscher" <ro...@wu.ac.at>.
Rob,

Posted by Drew Jensen <dr...@gmail.com>.
That service was and is hosted by a third party, predates the extension
site and feature for that matter.

Personally, I think it is probably superfluous these days.