Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Rishabh Agrawal <ri...@impetus.co.in> on 2012/03/26 12:34:31 UTC

Sample Data

Hello,

I wish to test certain things in Cassandra so can someone help me with sample database or sample database data generator which can help me flood Cassandra nodes with large amount of data.

Thanks and Regards
Rishabh Agrawal

________________________________

Impetus to sponsor and exhibit at Structure Data 2012, NY; Mar 21-22. Know more about our Big Data quick-start program at the event.

New Impetus webcast 'Cloud-enabled Performance Testing vis-?-vis On-premise' available at http://bit.ly/z6zT4L.

Re: Sample Data

Posted by Tom Melendez <to...@supertom.com>.
>> > I wish to test certain things in Cassandra so can someone help me with
>> > sample database or sample database data generator which can help me
>> > flood Cassandra nodes with large amount of data.

I would recommend YCSB:
https://github.com/brianfrankcooper/YCSB/wiki/

Thanks,

Tom

Re: Sample Data

Posted by Tyler Hobbs <ty...@datastax.com>.
The 'stress' tool that you can find in a source checkout of cassandra
sounds like what you're looking for.  It's designed to write data to (or
read data from) a cluster as fast as possible, and has plenty of options
for tweaking the type of data it inserts.

You can read more about it here:
http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.0/references/stress_java

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 6:59 AM, Rishabh Agrawal <
rishabh.agrawal@impetus.co.in> wrote:

> Thanks for the prompt response. I am looking at a solution which can
> generate scripts of statements which I can run or tweak to run in linux
> environment.

Tyler Hobbs
DataStax <http://datastax.com/>

RE: Sample Data