Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Pramodkumar Srikantamurthy <Pr...@webex.com> on 2012/03/27 14:25:50 UTC

[users@httpd] Help required to enable the mod_cache on the apache web server 2.2.17.

Hello every one,

Can any one plz let me know the correct steps to enable the mod_cache
and mod_disk_cache on the apache webserver 2.2.17 on the UNIX box.

All we know is using the command apxs - c  mod_cache.c  (present in the
/usr/local/httpd-2.2.17/modules/cache directory).

This command will generate the mod_cache.so file in the
/usr/local/httpd-2.2.17/modules/cache/.libs dir.

Copied this mod_cache.so file to the /usr/local/apache/modules dir.

Getting lot of errors when tried to load with the command

LoadModule cache_module modules/mod_cache.so

Added in the httpd.conf folder.

The error generated while server start up is as below

bash-3.2$ sudo /sbin/service httpd start
Starting httpd: httpd: Syntax error on line 147 of
/usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load
/usr/local/apache/modules/mod_cache.so into server:
/usr/local/apache/modules/mod_cache.so: undefined symbol:
cache_generate_key_default

 5:10 PM

undefined symbol: cache_generate_key_default

Any quick help is highly appreciated.

Regards

Pramod

Re: [users@httpd] Help required to enable the mod_cache on the apache web server 2.2.17.

Posted by Tom Evans <te...@googlemail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Pramodkumar Srikantamurthy
<Pr...@webex.com> wrote:

> Hello every one,
>
> Can any one plz let me know the correct steps to enable the mod_cache and mod_disk_cache on the apache webserver 2.2.17 on the UNIX box.
>
> All we know is using the command apxs – c  mod_cache.c  (present in the /usr/local/httpd-2.2.17/modules/cache directory).
> […]
>
> Any quick help is highly appreciated.

Didn't you ask this a few hours ago, and were answered by Eric?

mod_cache is not just a single .c file. You should use the build
system, and tell configure to build mod_cache. Run configure with
--help to see the available options.

Cheers

Tom

Re: [users@httpd] Help required to enable the mod_cache on the apache web server 2.2.17.