Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Fields Marshall <fm...@yahoo.com> on 2005/08/12 11:28:06 UTC

Questions about SSL 0.9.8 and Apache 2.0.54 compiling errors on released versions

Hi

this is my first post to the mailing list asking perhaps a rather simple
question to you apache developers.

I am writing this email because I see that this will be a common problem
with people trying to compile the latest SSL and Apache.

I think I fit a common scenario -- average webmaster/programmer trying
to install latest released versions of apache with ssl.  Familiar with
webprogramming but not really in C. However still able to Configure,
Make and Make install.

I have searched the net and read the faq but no comprehensive
information exists perhaps I don't know how to use the patch command
well maybe this is causing problems.

I have installed and compiled OpenSSL 0.9.8 and then started to compile
apache now I am getting the `PEM_F_DEF_CALLBACK' undeclared error.

I have researched this and have found reference to patch file in email
archive but I have been unable to apply this patch to get something
compiled.

When I run the patch command in httpd/modules/ssl directory

patch -p0 ssl_toolkit_compat.h patchfile

patch: **** Only garbage was found in the patch input.

Could someone please point me in the right direction or a faq on how to
properly patch this.

 I tried the latest version from CVS but wasn't able to configure it in
the normal manner.

I can see this being a common problem/scenario that is one reason why I
am posting this.

Thanks in advance for help

Fields

Re: Questions about SSL 0.9.8 and Apache 2.0.54 compiling errors on released versions

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
At 04:28 AM 8/12/2005, Fields Marshall wrote:

>I have installed and compiled OpenSSL 0.9.8 and then started to compile apache now I am getting the `PEM_F_DEF_CALLBACK' undeclared error.

Fixed in the next release.  Sorry, our psychic skills have
been falling down lately, and the steam rising out of my
coffee cup didn't foreshadow their API change early enough
to have this pre-fixed in the now-current release 2.0.54 :)

Bill