Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by David Dillard <dd...@symantec.com> on 2014/09/30 15:59:24 UTC

Fix for CVE-2013-4002

Hi,

I noticed that Red Hat just released a fix for CVE-2013-4002 (https://access.redhat.com/security/cve/CVE-2013-4002).  I was wondering when a fix for this might be released by the project itself.  I searched through the mailing list archive looking for some mention of it, but didn't see anything.  However, as it's a security issue it may not have been discussed publicly.

--- David

Re: Fix for CVE-2013-4002

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi,

I think that CVE originated from the JDK but very likely corresponds to
this change [1] in Xerces which also happens to be a performance
improvement. It would be included in the next release (no outlook on that
yet). Users can apply this patch to the source if they need a fix earlier
than that.

Thanks.

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xerces/java/trunk/src/org/apache/xerces/impl/XMLScanner.java?annotate=1499506