Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Derek Brown <ze...@yahoo.com> on 2005/01/18 09:18:17 UTC

pageBeginRender() from a Component

Hello,

I have worked around this issue by implementing the
pageBeginRender method in the Page class. How can I do
this from within a component. What I'm trying to do is
to get rows from a tableview component inside a
"userlist" component and set the persistent property
rows in a "userview" component (has to be done before
buffer is written to). If the rows in the tableview
component are different from "userview"s rows (there
was a change to data records). What is the best way to
tackle this issue without having to add code to the
Page class. I would like these components to function
independently.

Thanks

Re: pageBeginRender() from a Component

Posted by Jamie Orchard-Hays <ja...@dang.com>.
You can implement pageBeginRender in a component. However, there is no
specified order to the calls on this method--so if you have
pageBeginRender in both your component and your page and one MUST be
called before the other, then you will have failures. The solution is
to use lazy-loaded properties in your component.

Jamie