Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by ychawla <pr...@yahoo.com> on 2013/02/13 16:30:26 UTC

CXF WS Policy Version Question

Hello All,
I have a policy WSDL and if I specify the security policy namespace as:

xmlns:sp="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-securitypolicy/200802

I get an error that "None of the policy alternatives can be satisfied. "

However if I change the namespace to:

xmlns:sp="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-securitypolicy/200702"

then everything works fine.

Does CXF only support the '200702' namespace for security policy?

Thanks,
Yogesh

Re: CXF WS Policy Version Question

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
The 2008 namespace is only used for certain Elements (such as sp13:Created
in a UsernameToken policy). The 2007 namespace is still used for the
majority of policies, it's not the case that the 2008 namespace replaces
the 2007 namespace. See the WS-SecurityPolicy 1.3 spec for more details.

Colm.

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 3:30 PM, ychawla <pr...@yahoo.com>wrote:

> Hello All,
> I have a policy WSDL and if I specify the security policy namespace as:
>
> xmlns:sp="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-securitypolicy/200802
>
> I get an error that "None of the policy alternatives can be satisfied. "
>
> However if I change the namespace to:
>
> xmlns:sp="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-securitypolicy/200702"
>
> then everything works fine.
>
> Does CXF only support the '200702' namespace for security policy?
>
> Thanks,
> Yogesh

Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder