Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Viv Kapadekar <vi...@peoplepowerco.com> on 2010/03/18 20:48:16 UTC

how to download historical builds

Hi All,

I am newbie to Continuum and have set up standalone Continuum and it
works great with my Maven2 project. I can check historical builds, its
results, date etc. I can download the latest build artifacts. But how
do I download the historical  build artifacts (wars, jars )?

Thanks

Viv Kapadekar
vivek@peoplepowerco.com

Re: how to download historical builds

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
It's normal to copy to the local repository (this happens at the install step), but this should always be under the single identifier "SNAPSHOT", rather than keeping a copy of each timestamped artifact. I'm not sure why you'd be experiencing that.

Posted by Viv Kapadekar <vi...@peoplepowerco.com>.
Hi Brett,

Posted by Viv Kapadekar <vi...@peoplepowerco.com>.
My bad, I was looking at wrong repository. I earlier had repository
url as: file://Users/vivekkapadekar/workspace/deploy
I changed it to: file:///Users/vivekkapadekar/workspace/deploy  and
now its where I want.
Works like a charm.

Thanks  a lot

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Viv Kapadekar <vi...@peoplepowerco.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Viv Kapadekar <vi...@peoplepowerco.com>.
Thanks for your prompt response. I have set up distribtionManagement
in pom.xml like this:

<distributionManagement>
     <snapshotRepository>
       <id>internal.repo</id>
       <name>My local Internal Repository of builds</name>
       <url>file:///Users/vivekkapadekar/workspace/deploy/</url>
     </snapshotRepository>
   </distributionManagement>

But I get this error when I run mvn deploy

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to configure plugin parameters for:
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.4

check that the following section of the pom.xml is present and correct:

<distributionManagement>
   <!-- use the following if you're not using a snapshot version. -->
   <repository>
     <id>repo</id>
     <name>Repository Name</name>
     <url>scp://host/path/to/repo</url>
   </repository>
   <!-- use the following if you ARE using a snapshot version. -->
   <snapshotRepository>
     <id>repo</id>
     <name>Repository Name</name>
     <url>scp://host/path/to/repo</url>
   </snapshotRepository>
</distributionManagement>

Cause: Class 'org.apache.maven.artifact.repository.ArtifactRepository'
cannot be instantiated

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.