Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Alex Kotchnev <ak...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/29 12:16:10 UTC

T 5.2 & App Engine 1.3 SDK

Has anyone tried running T 5.2 w/ the latest GAE 1.3 SDK ? I was happily
running on sdk 1.2.5 w/ some of Dmitry's wonderful hacks to make the local
dev server work (
http://dmitrygusev.blogspot.com/2009/10/develope-java-applications-with-gae-sdk.html);
however, I did need to update to 1.3 to try out the Blobstore API (which
works very nicely, 3 lines of code needed to change from T5 Upload to that)
and I'm running into the same issues (e.g. java.lang.ClassFormatError:
Invalid length 65050 in LocalVariableTable ) but I can't get it working w/
the same hacks.

Any ideas / thoughts / experiences ?

Regards,

Alex K

Re: T 5.2 & App Engine 1.3 SDK

Posted by Alex Kotchnev <ak...@gmail.com>.
Dmitry,
   indeed, it works w/ the javaagent fix; however, I had to do something
slightly different than what you had:

   When I was running it w/ the agent that you had on the blog, after
replacing the agent in the jar file, I was getting a message that the agent
was missing a "premain" class:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
com.google.appengine.tools.development.agent.AppEngineDevAgent.premain(java.lang.String,
java.lang.instrument.Instrumentation)
        at
java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1605)

        at
sun.instrument.InstrumentationImpl.loadClassAndStartAgent(InstrumentationImpl.java:294)

        at
sun.instrument.InstrumentationImpl.loadClassAndCallPremain(InstrumentationImpl.java:338)

FATAL ERROR in native method: processing of -javaagent
failed

   Thus, I had to add an empty premain() method to get it to work.

   Here's my agent class just in case anyone is interested:

package com.google.appengine.tools.development.agent;

import java.lang.instrument.Instrumentation;

/**
 *
 * @author polrtex
 */
public class AppEngineDevAgent  {

    public static void premain(String foo, Instrumentation bar) {

    }

}

Cheers,

Alex K