Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ryan Slobojan <rs...@babycenter.com> on 2006/09/19 23:10:24 UTC

Issues with ${project.version} and deploy

Hi,

I'm trying to put several common elements into a top-level company POM,
for example:

<url>http://[server]/sites/${project.artifactId}/${pom.version}</url>
	<distributionManagement>
		<site>
			<id>site</id>
			<url>

file://localhost/a1/devel/build/sites/${project.artifactId}/${project.ve
rsion}/
			</url>
		</site>
	</distributionManagement>

However, I am finding that when the POM is getting deployed out to the
repository (using the command ) that the instances of ${project.version}
(and also ${pom.version}) are getting stripped out and replaced with the
version of the POM itself (e.g. 1, 2), leaving me with something that
looks like:

	<url>http://[server]/sites/${project.artifactId}/1</url>
	<distributionManagement>
		<site>
			<id>site</id>
			<url>

file://localhost/a1/devel/build/sites/${project.artifactId}/1/
			</url>
		</site>
	</distributionManagement>

As you can imagine, this makes it a bit tough to specify these common
components in the master POM, and I'm hoping to avoid putting the same
config into every project POM. Is there a way to prevent the
${project.version} from getting hardcoded during a 'mvn
deploy:deploy-file'?

Thanks,

Ryan Slobojan