Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/29 21:43:18 UTC

Re: Tomahawk Maven2 oddity: 1.1.3 requires Shale and Struts1.2.8. Why?

On 6/29/06, David Friedman <hu...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> And it suddenly added Struts-1.2.8 to my .war file.  The tomahawk-1.1.3.pom
> file lists Struts like so:
>
> <dependency>
>         <groupId>struts</groupId>
>         <artifactId>struts</artifactId>
>         <version>1.2.8</version>
>         <scope>compile</scope>
> </dependency>
>
> What kind of dependency is that?  I couldn't find anything in the Wiki about
> it as some kind of Tomahawk 1.1.3 upgrade dependencies.  I can understand
> Shale for the "test" segment but it is ALSO getting packaged by Maven2 in my
> .war file:

Maven should not be picking up a 'test' scoped dependency in your .war file.

I think the Struts dependency is wrong -- it should be marked
'optional'.  You can add an <exclusion> to the tomahawk dependency in
your pom to get rid of it.

I'm going to move this to the dev list because we've branched for
1.1.4 and we'll need to check this on both the branch and the trunk.

Can someone please check and/or open a JIRA issue for it?

Followups on dev@myfaces.apache.org, please.

--
Wendy