Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Stefan Bergstrand <st...@polopoly.com> on 2002/06/26 09:11:49 UTC

disableLocks

Definitely no big deal, but:

I think that the system property disableLocks should be named
"disableLuceneLocks", or something that mentions which locks we are
talking about.

There might be some other type of locks handled in the same JVM, and
it would be nice to make clear which locks we are talking about...

/Stefan B

--
Stefan Bergstrand

Re: disableLocks

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Alright, that sounds fine.
Hm, there are other locks (commit.lock) that Lucene creates that this
property does not affect...is anyone having problems with that lock on
NFS/CD-ROMs, etc.?

Otis