Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com> on 2012/07/09 04:19:05 UTC

Re: GSoC status

Hi Shakya,

The XMLSerializer writes the document to an OutputStream or Writer. Before
you call parse you need to set that on the XMLStreamWriter (e.g.
XMLSerializer.setOutputByteStream(new ByteArrayOutputStream()). After
parse, the document will have been written to the OutputStream. If you use
a java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream, you would call toByteArray() to get the
document after parse and then could wrap that into a
java.io.ByteArrayInputStream which you could pass back to the
XMLInputSource.

Thanks.

Michael Glavassevich
XML Technologies and WAS Development