Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org> on 2003/03/28 23:34:38 UTC

Re: Build Failure - excalibur-fortress-examples

Sam Ruby wrote:
>> Excalibur-Monitor was failing because it depended on Component,
>> which was marked success even though it failed looking for
>> the "${tools.dir}/lib" and "${tools.dir}/ext" directories.
>> Monitor couldn't get the testcase jar so it failed.

actually, nope (I think).

---
jar-testcase: [mkdir] Created dir:
/home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/component/build/lib [jar] Building
jar:
/home/rubys/jakarta/avalon-excalibur/component/build/lib/excalibur-testcase-20030328.jar
---

the jar was built, but not listed as being exported by
excalibur-component. I've updated the definition today to mention it
builds the jar. I also updated monitor so that the build/testclasses are
added to the path made available to junit. See commits earlier today.
Think it should work, but haven't had time to test.

> Any Ant developers out there have a suggestion on how to get the
> following to fail instead of simply printing a warning?

<project>

<target name="check-valid-properties">
     <available dir="${lib.dir}" property="lib.dir.present"/>
     <fail unless="lib.dir.present" message="Invalid property setup: the
lib.dir property is improperly set to ${lib.dir}!"/>
     <available dir="${tools.dir}" property="tools.dir.present"/>
     <fail unless="tools.dir.present" message="Invalid property setup:
the lib.dir property is improperly set to ${tools.dir}!"/>
</target>

<target name="main" depends="check-valid-properties/>

</project>

in the case of excalibur, we no longer actually need the referenced
directories (look at 'em; they;re empty).

>> Hopefully it will all wash out in the end (I think I fixed it),
>> but failing silently is not helping.
>
> Agreed.

yep. There's a lot of room for improvement.

cheers!

- LSD