Posted to users@felix.apache.org by broschb <br...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/02 21:34:57 UTC

ExtHttpService cookie path

I am using the extHttpService with the jetty backed implementation.
Currently all of the cookies, specifically jsessionid are being written to
'/'.  Is there a way to configure the path this is written to?  I am getting
conflicts with other web applications.

Re: ExtHttpService cookie path

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
Hi

Inidentally I just committed a fix for this issue today:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-3198

Regards
Felix

Posted by Rob Walker <ro...@ascert.com>.
You should be able to set an explicit cookie path on the Cookie creation
calls, I know the API params are there.

I'm not sure on whether there's a way to configure Jetty to do it - we
generally set ours explicitly.

I think the issue here is that in a traditional Web App / container
world, servlets have a path at which they are mounted. In OSGi, we have
an alias as a mount point. I'm not sure anything in the OSGi spec states
that this alias should be the root path for Cookies created by a
servlet. I suspect it doesn't, because it's legal to mount a single
servlet against multiple aliases - which then creates a conflict about
which alias would be the correct path for Cookies

-- Rob

--

Ascert - Taking systems to the Edge
robw@ascert.com