Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by yuryx <yu...@mobicomk.donpac.ru> on 2002/02/27 18:15:12 UTC

Re: Help connect Cocoon2 to Oracle8

Giuseppe De Vincenzi wrote:

> [...]
>
> message Error in sitemap configuration : Could not set up Component for
> hint: add-employee
>
> description org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationExcept=
> ion:
> Error in sitemap configuration : Could not set up Component for hint: add=
> -employee
>
> sender org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
>
> source Cocoon servlet
>
> request-uri
>
> /cocoon/visualizza/prova
>
> exception
>
> org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error
> in sitemap configuration : Could not set up Component for hint: add-emplo=
> yee
>
> path-info
>
> visualizza/prova
>
> stacktrace
>
> org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error
> in sitemap configuration : Could not set up Component for hint: add-emplo=
> yee
>
> Coccon.xconf
>
>  <datasources>
>   <component-instance name=3D"test_oracle_pool" class=3D"org.apache.avalo=
> n.util.datasource.JdbcDataSource">
>    <!--   <jdbc name=3D"test_oracle_pool">  -->
>       <!-- Don't forget the oradb parameter for Oracle!!! -->
> <pool-controller min=3D"5" max=3D"10" oradb=3D"true"/>
> <dburl>jdbc:oracle:thin:@server:oras</dburl>
> <user>de</user>
> <password>gi</password>
>    <!--   </jdbc>   -->
>   </component-instance>
>

>       <jdbc name=3D"personnel">
>       <!--
>           If you have an Oracle database, and are using the the
>       pool-controller below, you should add the attribute
>       "oradb" and set it to true.
>
>       <pool-controller min=3D"5" max=3D"10" oradb=3D"true"/>
>
>       That way the test to see if the server has disconnected
>       the JdbcConnection will function properly.
>       -->
>       <pool-controller min=3D"5" max=3D"10"/>
>       <!--
>           If you need to ensure an autocommit is set to true or
>       false, then create the "auto-commit" element below.
>
>       <auto-commit>false</auto-commit>
>
>       The default is true.
>       -->
>       <dburl>jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost:9002</dburl>
>       <user>sa</user>
>       <password></password>
>     </jdbc>
> </datasources>
>

> web.xml
>        <init-param>
>        <param-name>load-class</param-name>
>        <param-value>
>         oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriveror
>        </param-value>
>
> The database driver is classes12.jar and I am able to connect to the same=
>
> database with same driver with standalone java application.
> Environment is Tomcat 4,  C2 & windows2000
> Prior to this  I connected to mySql database sucessfully.
>
> Any help on this will be highly appreciated

Use in web.xml like:
   <init-param>
      <param-name>load-class</param-name>
      <param-value>
        <!-- For IBM WebSphere:
        com.ibm.servlet.classloader.Handler -->

        <!-- For Database Driver: -->
        org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver

        <!-- For parent ComponentManager sample:
        org.apache.cocoon.samples.parentcm.Configurator
        -->
    oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
      </param-value>
    </init-param>

in cocoon.xconf like:

 <datasources>
    <jdbc name="personnel" logger="core.datasources.personnel">
      <!--
          If you have an Oracle database, and are using the the
      pool-controller below, you should add the attribute
      "oradb" and set it to true.

      <pool-controller min="5" max="10" oradb="true"/>

      That way the test to see if the server has disconnected
      the JdbcConnection will function properly.
      -->
      <pool-controller min="5" max="10"/>
      <!--
          If you need to ensure an autocommit is set to true or
      false, then create the "auto-commit" element below.

      <auto-commit>false</auto-commit>

      The default is true.
      -->
      <dburl>jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost:9002</dburl>
      <user>sa</user>
      <password></password>
    </jdbc>

    <jdbc name="someora">
      <pool-controller min="5" max="10" oradb="true"/>
      <dburl>jdbc:oracle:thin:@somehost:1521:somesid</dburl>
      <user>user</user>
      <password>password</password>
    </jdbc>