Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ke...@sunlife.com on 2002/10/08 22:54:25 UTC

Re: Error

Can you reply with your struts-config.xml settings for the 'lesson1/logon'
action?

"kirusshna" <ki...@cyberpros-us.com> on 10/08/2002 04:55:28 PM

       <st...@jakarta.apache.org>

cc:     (bcc: Kevin Bedell/Systems/USHO/SunLife)
Subject:    Error

Hi,

I am new to struts and I have problem in getting the jsp up.

In a form I have three buttons,

<SCRIPT>
function set(target){
document.forms[0].dispatch.value=target;
}
</SCRIPT>

and in the struts-config,

<action
      path="/lesson1/logon4"
      type="com.jspinsider.struts.lesson1.buttonaction"
      name="lesson1"
      scope="request"
      validate="false"
      parameter="dispatch"/>
          <forward name="create"    path="/lesson1/home2.jsp?y=1"/>
          <forward name="save"    path="/lesson1/home2.jsp?y=2"/>
          <forward name="delete"    path="/lesson1/home2.jsp?y=3"/>
    </action>

and the lesson1 form has
get and set for Dispatch.

I am getting the error

Cannot find ActionMappings or ActionFormBeans collection
 at org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.lookup(FormTag.java:773)
 at org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.doStartTag(FormTag.java:481)
 at
jrun__lesson1__logon12ejsp13.
_jspService(jrun__lesson1__logon12ejsp13.java:9
7)
 at allaire.jrun.jsp.HttpJSPServlet.service(../jsp/HttpJSPServlet.java:40)
 at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(../servlet/JRunSE.java:1013)
 at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.runServlet(../servlet/JRunSE.java:925)
 at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunNamedDispatcher.forward
(../servlet/JRunNamedDispatc
her.java:34)
 at allaire.jrun.jsp.JSPServlet.service(../jsp/JSPServlet.java:175)
 at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(../servlet/JRunSE.java:1013)
 at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.runServlet(../servlet/JRunSE.java:925)
 at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.forward
(../servlet/JRunRequestDis
patcher.java:88)
 at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(../servlet/JRunSE.java:1131)
 at allaire.jrun.servlet.JvmContext.dispatch
 (../servlet/JvmContext.java:330)
 at allaire.jrun.jrpp.ProxyEndpoint.run(../jrpp/ProxyEndpoint.java:382)
 at allaire.jrun.ThreadPool.run(../ThreadPool.java:272)
 at allaire.jrun.WorkerThread.run(../WorkerThread.java:75)

while accessing the jsp.

And one more thing, when I try to use a radio button or check box, I am
getting

No getter method available for property selection for bean under name
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN
 at

l.java:471)
 at org.apache.jsp.logon$jsp._jspService(logon$jsp.java:1015)
 at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:107)
 at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet

error.

Can anyone help on this ?

Thanks in advance
kirusshna

For additional commands, e-mail: <

Re: Error

Posted by Karol Rückschloss <ka...@karols.net>.
Kirusshna,

your struts-config.xml is not well-formed. See the problem, my
pseudo-comment there.

    <action
      path="/lesson1/logon4"
      type="com.jspinsider.struts.lesson1.buttonaction"
      name="lesson1"
      scope="request"
      validate="false"
      parameter="dispatch"/>        <<<<<=======  here is the problem.
Remove the slash that ends the action...
          <forward name="create"    path="/lesson1/home2.jsp?y=1"/>
          <forward name="save"    path="/lesson1/home2.jsp?y=2"/>
          <forward name="delete"    path="/lesson1/home2.jsp?y=3"/>
    </action>

This should solve your parsing exception.

Karol

RE: Error

Posted by kirusshna <ki...@cyberpros-us.com>.
HI ,

I think I found the error for the buttons. I have closed  the action tag and
used the forwards.

parameter="dispatch"/>
          <forward name="create"    path="/lesson1/home2.jsp?y=1"/>
          <forward name="save"    path="/lesson1/home2.jsp?y=2"/>
          <forward name="delete"    path="/lesson1/home2.jsp?y=3"/>

can you help me with the radio and check boxes as I have exceptions.

RE: Error