Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Merto Mertek <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/11 00:14:15 UTC

How to make a ganglia metric in the new api?

I am aware of two options. First is writing a python module that would be
placed under cron and would parse from a file where my stats are stored,
and the second one would be to implement a metric usign the new gaglia api
31. I am interested for the second one and how could I do a graph with
updating 4 stats at a time (ex: running tasks for each node in the cluster
on the same graph). So my question are:

a) How to put 4 counters on the same graph and which structure should I use
(counter, gauge, stats) ?
b) Where can I define the graph layout (vertical axis name, line color,
etc)?
c) How do I connect them to work together?

Thank you

Re: How to make a ganglia metric in the new api?

Posted by Jabir Ahmed <ja...@gmail.com>.
Read on gmetric and rrdtool it should give you some clarity.

You should also check graphs.php to understand how it's implemented in
ganglia