Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Stuart Sierra <ma...@stuartsierra.com> on 2009/03/05 22:53:15 UTC

Avoiding Ganglia NPE on EC2

Hi all,

I'm getting this NPE on Hadoop 0.18.3, using the EC2 contrib scripts:

    Exception in thread "Timer thread for monitoring dfs"
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.apache.hadoop.metrics.ganglia.GangliaContext.xdr_string(GangliaContext.java:195)

This is reported as: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-4137

What's the easiest workaround?  Switch to another Hadoop version
(which one)?  Or disable Ganglia entirely (how)?

Thanks,
-Stuart

Re: Avoiding Ganglia NPE on EC2

Posted by Mark Kerzner <ma...@gmail.com>.
News from ScaleUnlimited bootcamp - where I am now - use hadoop-0.17.2.1