Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> on 2002/03/07 01:15:01 UTC

Re: "Continuations" vs. "Stateful Execuation" (was "Preserving Rhino State")

Jason Foster wrote:

> What I'm wondering is whether we are pursuing purity at the
> expense of maintainability and comprehension?

All I know is that I don't have enough info to judge this and I would
like to see results before stating anything.

Ovidiu is the master driver on this direction and I fully trust his
judgement. Nevertheless, I'll be picky as hell (count on it!) about what
you describe above (read: really needed functionality vs. FS!), but I
will only when Ovidiu is ready to show something that works.

Before that, I'll just be watching over its progress with much delight,
trying to learn as much as I can before stating my judgement.

Regarding my [status] message on cocoon-users: all I wanted was to show
the users what we are working on and give the a 'flavor' of what Cocoon
will be in the future... It was *on purpose* simple and rather
incomplete, I just wanted to catch their attention.

And of course, nothing I ever write is carved in stone. :)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.