Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Entropy <bl...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/01 12:17:57 UTC

1.4 version of IRequestCycleListener?

In our Wicket 6 projects, we have a IRequestCycleListener that does some
things we want to do for every request (primarily involving auditing and a
few other nits).  We also have a couple 1.4 apps that we haven't been given
permission to upgrade, but we want to add this same auditing listener.  Is
there an equivalent to IRequestCycleListener in 1.4?

I see IRequestListener, but it doesn't seem to have any events, and it's
child listeners all seem more specific.  I just want a bit of code to run
before and after every request.

--
Sent from: http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/Users-forum-f1842947.html

Re: 1.4 version of IRequestCycleListener?

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.
Hi,

there's no direct equivalent in 1.4.

Your WebApplication#newRequestCycleProcessor() could provide a processor
subclass, doing some extra stuff before delegating to the super
implementation.

But you're probably better off just using a custom servlet filter.

Have fun
Sven