Posted to dev@stdcxx.apache.org by Eric Lemings <le...@roguewave.com> on 2007/07/02 19:35:34 UTC

RE: status of thread safety tests

Could you add a brief note on how the tests were built and executed?
Specifically, were they built and executed with gcc using binary
instrumentation or with icc using dynamic instrumentation?

Thanks.

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.
Eric Lemings wrote:
> Could you add a brief note on how the tests were built and executed?
> Specifically, were they built and executed with gcc using binary
> instrumentation or with icc using dynamic instrumentation?

Good suggestion! I used icc with the -tcheck option to compile
and link the tests and ran the executables through the tcheck_cl
driver (silly name, btw.) I would expect the results to be the
same when I use gcc. I've tried using it but didn't actually
compare the results. It might be an interesting project. Let
me put the info on the page the next time I update it.

Martin