Posted to dev@vxquery.apache.org by Preston Carman <pr...@apache.org> on 2016/05/15 21:01:58 UTC

Re: ObjectPointable and ObjectBuilder implementation

I created a JUnit pointable test example using the SequencePointable and
SequenceBuilder [1]. The JUnit test only needs to deal with the output from
builder and the input to the pointable. At this time, you can custom make
the designated object or array (similar to the custom define sequences).
Then confirm the bytes written by the builder are correct by using the
pointable. You could even add a test that looks directly at the bytes
created by the builder class. Once these are working, the constructor class
can be created with appropriate tests for its new features. Lets start with
just the basics of testing these two classes: pointable and builder.

If you create a pull request, we can comment on your approaches and give
you feedback. Also, post feedback on my proposed change [1].

Thanks,
Preston

[1] https://github.com/apache/vxquery/pull/35

Posted by Preston Carman <pr...@apache.org>.
The object and array code has been merged with master. Nice work
Christina and Riyafa!

Please clean up your pull requests for these topics.

Thanks
Preston

Posted by Riyafa Abdul Hameed <ri...@cse.mrt.ac.lk>.
Hi,