Posted to watchdog-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Davidson, Misha" <MD...@silverstream.com> on 2000/07/20 02:21:30 UTC

missing beans, broken comments and illegal methods

Hi,

Here's a few more problems I discovered while going over the tests.
Please let me know if I can provide any more info to help sort these out.

I have noticed that a number of negative tests may be failing not because
of the intended problem, but because the bean classes they refer to do
not exist. Specifically:
         /jsp/core_syntax/beantests/useBean/negativeDupIDSession1.jsp
refers to
         core_syntax.beantests.useBean.TestBean
but I could not find that class anywhere in the WAR.

Similarly:
         /jsp/core_syntax/beantests/useBean/negativeDupID.jsp
refers to
         core_syntax.beantests.useBean.IntBean2
which can not be found either.

Also
         /jsp/core_syntax/scripting/scriptlet/positiveScriptletUseBean.jsp
has an invalid comment (terminated with '--!>') on line 13.

Finally,
         /jsp/engine/PageContext/checkGetServlet.jsp
contains the following call
         pageContext.getServlet()
however, the standard J2EE class
         javax.servlet.jsp.PageContext
has no such method. Perhaps this test relies on some Tomcat-specific
functionality?

Thank you,
misha@silverstream.com