Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Octavian Rasnita <or...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/13 16:16:48 UTC

mod_perl installation

Hi,

How it is recommended to install perl if I also want to use it with
mod_perl?
With or without threading support?
With or without support for multiplicity?

It gives an error when installing with Apache 2.24, and I am trying to see
if I don't make some mistakes.

Thank you.

Octavian

Re: mod_perl installation

Posted by Foo JH <jh...@extracktor.com>.
If you're running on Linux/ Sun, I think most people avoid threading for
performance reasons. If you're going to be on Windows, you don't have a
choice: threading is compulsory.

You may want to read up on the various MPM models for each OS.

Re: mod_perl installation

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.
Octavian Rasnita wrote:
> How it is recommended to install perl if I also want to use it with
> mod_perl?

The normal way.  No special settings are needed.

> With or without threading support?
> With or without support for multiplicity?

It doesn't matter to mod_perl unless you plan to use a threaded MPM.

- Perrin