Posted to dev@apex.apache.org by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org> on 2016/10/11 03:40:43 UTC

Meetup info on project site

I just submitted a PR to correct the meetup link on the community page and
fit it into a broader "Events" section. The intention is to link to meetup
groups that have the topic "Apache Apex" and directly link the largest of
those that are "Apache Apex" branded. You can see the proposed change here:

https://github.com/apache/apex-site/pull/56

Please also see third party event branding policy:

http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/events.html

There are rules that concern the use of ASF owned trademarks and logos. We
should ensure that meetup groups and other event that run under the "Apache
Apex" banner adhere (and feature only those that do). For example, I do see
that some organizers seem to hide behind the Apex logo, perhaps they would
like to change that?

Thanks,
Thomas

Re: Meetup info on project site

Posted by David Yan <da...@datatorrent.com>.
There is *no* objection with the changes. :)
I have merged it.

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.