Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by wo...@pta.de on 2008/02/08 11:52:20 UTC

[Trinidad] problem with PPR behaviour after timeout

Hi,

Generally I wonder what the concept/design of PPR is when a timeout has
occurred
because the current default PPR behaviour does not fit in this scenario and
one gets
an error, actually two JS errors

"TypeError: a5 has no properties message=a5 has no properties"
"Invalid PPR response. The response-headers were:\nServer:
Apache-Coyote/1.1\nX-Powered-By: Servlet 2.4..."]"

The reason is that in such a situation the server sends a complete login
page contrary to the specific
PPR response that is expected.

How can you deal with PPR in such a situation? Is there any built-in
design, if so which, if not,
is there a regular Trinidad-based approach/workaround to dealing with this
scenario?

Many thanks,Wolfgang.

PTA Programmier-Technische Arbeiten GmbH
Seckenheimer Str. 65-67, 68165 Mannheim
Amtsgericht Mannheim, HRB 1139
USt-IdNr.: DE 143 839 368
Geschäftsführer:
Dipl.-Ing. Peter Fischer
Dr. Harald W. Busch
Dipl.-Kfm. Knut Fischer

http://www.pta.de
Mit 1547 Erfahrungsberichten aus 39 Jahren erfolgreicher Projektarbeit!

Re: [Trinidad] problem with PPR behaviour after timeout

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
like

public class SessionListener implements Filter  {

    /**
    * session timeout page
    */
    private final String SESSION_TIMEOUT_PAGE = "sessionTimeout.jsp";

    /**
    * do filter method
    * @param servlet request
    * @param servlet response
    * @param filter chain
    */
  public void doFilter(ServletRequest request, ServletResponse
response, FilterChain chain)
    throws ServletException, IOException {

    // check session availability
    if(null == ((HttpServletRequest) request).getSession(false)) {

        // dispatch to session timeout page, due to the session is not
available
        request.getRequestDispatcher(SESSION_TIMEOUT_PAGE).forward(request,response);
    } else {
        chain.doFilter(request,response);
    }
  }

  public void destroy() {/* nothing to do */}
  public void init(FilterConfig arg0) throws ServletException {/*
nothing to do */}
}

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi,