Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Ad...@swmc.com on 2011/06/28 22:27:16 UTC

Compile errors in HEAD and 1.6.0

Is anyone else having compiling errors with 1.6.0 or HEAD?  I did a clean
checkout of 1.6.0[1] and I told Netbeans to download all the libraries,
which resolved most of the errors, but the following still persists:
[ERROR]Transitive dependency resolution for scope: test has failed for
your project.
[ERROR]Error message: Missing:
[ERROR]----------
[ERROR]1) org.apache.pdfbox:pdfbox:jar:1.6.0
[ERROR]  Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
[ERROR]  Then, install it using the command:
[ERROR]      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.pdfbox
-DartifactId=pdfbox -Dversion=1.6.0 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
[ERROR]  Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the
file there:
[ERROR]      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.pdfbox
-DartifactId=pdfbox -Dversion=1.6.0 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
-Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]
[ERROR]  Path to dependency:
[ERROR]          1) org.apache.pdfbox:pdfbox-ant:jar:1.6.0
[ERROR]          2) org.apache.pdfbox:pdfbox:jar:1.6.0
[ERROR]----------
[ERROR]1 required artifact is missing.
[ERROR]for artifact:
[ERROR]  org.apache.pdfbox:pdfbox-ant:jar:1.6.0
[ERROR]from the specified remote repositories:
[ERROR]  apache.snapshots (http://repository.apache.org/snapshots),
[ERROR]  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
[ERROR]Group-Id: org.apache.pdfbox
[ERROR]Artifact-Id: pdfbox-ant
[ERROR]Version: 1.6.0
[ERROR]From file: C:\Users\adam.nichols\Documents\pdfbox1.6.0\ant\pom.xml

I also tried doing this on Linux and got the same error.  This could be
something I'm doing wrong, but it shouldn't be anything more involved than
`svn co <1.6.0 branch URL>` and downloading the libs.  After that it
should be ready to compile and run.  I want to get this resolved so I can
check the 1.6.0 release and give it a thumbs up.

When I checked out HEAD it says that the pdfbox module is a "Badly formed
Maven project."  When I get the details, it says "The Parent POM with
coordinates org.apache.pdfbox:pdfbox-parent:1.7.0-SNAPSHOT was not found
in local sources (via parent/relativePath xml element) or in the following
remote repositories: central  (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)"

I tried checking out some older revisions of HEAD (1140777, 1140775,
1140768, and 1140753) to see if that would resolve my issue, but it keeps
complaining about the 1.7.0-SNAPSHOT.

Probably the most troubling thing is that I can check out tag 1.5.0,
download the libs, and everything works fine.  So I think it may be an
issue with the tag/HEAD and not something I'm doing wrong.

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pdfbox/tags/1.6.0/

----
Thanks,
Adam

- FHA 203b; 203k; HECM; VA; USDA; Conventional
- Warehouse Lines; FHA-Authorized Originators
- Lending and Servicing in over 45 States
www.swmc.com   -  www.simplehecmcalculator.com
Visit  www.swmc.com/resources   for helpful links on Training, Webinars, Lender Alerts and Submitting Conditions

This email and any content within or attached hereto from Sun West Mortgage Company, Inc. is confidential and/or legally privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named on this email. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this email information is strictly prohibited, and that the documents should be returned to this office immediately by email. Receipt by anyone other than the intended recipient is not a waiver of any privilege. Please do not include your social security number, account number, or any other personal or financial information in the content of the email. Should you have any questions, please call (800) 453 7884.

Re: Compile errors in HEAD and 1.6.0

Posted by Adam Nichols <mr...@gmail.com>.
I was able to get it working with Netbeans 6.9.1, so it must have been
an issue with Netbeans 6.8.  Thanks for the mvn commands, I'm sure
they'll come in handy in the future!

--Adam

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,