Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Tom Stewart <st...@yahoo.com> on 2016/04/13 17:59:02 UTC

'On primary node' ListSFTP not working for new cluster

I built a NiFi cluster and some test flows and things seem to be working fine. My three nodes show in the cluster view and are all connected with one marked PRIMARY. I cannot get 'On primary node' working with several processors I have tried. My current one is a simple flow consisting of ListSFTP and LogAttribute. If I set my ListSFTP to Timer Driven with Run schedule of 60 sec, it works fine. However then it runs on all of my nodes. I changed it to On Primary Node and while I see the log in the my primary node where it claims to start:
nifi-app.log:2016-04-13 10:53:55,598 DEBUG [StandardProcessScheduler Thread-3-SendThread(los90hdf4.novalocal:2181)] org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn Reading reply sessionid:0x354103c2b860000, packet:: clientPath:null serverPath:null finished:false header:: 2,4  replyHeader:: 2,55834574850,0  request:: '/nifi/components/4603bfe7-6d98-4ad4-99f2-2a740034ae03,F  response:: #10000,s{51539607588,51539607597,1460559569213,1460560385643,8,0,0,0,5,0,51539607588}
nifi-app.log:2016-04-13 10:53:55,598 DEBUG [StandardProcessScheduler Thread-1] o.a.nifi.processors.standard.ListSFTP ListSFTP[id=4603bfe7-6d98-4ad4-99f2-2a740034ae03] Returning CLUSTER State: StandardStateMap[version=8, values={}]
nifi-app.log:2016-04-13 10:53:55,599 INFO [StandardProcessScheduler Thread-4] o.a.n.c.s.TimerDrivenSchedulingAgent Scheduled ListSFTP[id=4603bfe7-6d98-4ad4-99f2-2a740034ae03] to run with 1 threads

However, I do not see any errors or accesses on my SFTP server where it is actually ever attempting to connect. I can flip the processor back to Timer Driven and my SFTP server starts seeing requests. But when I toggle back to On Primary Node it doesn't appear to be executing. I think the other processor I tried this with was GetHTTP with similar experience.

Curious if there are any debug steps or setting recommendations that are useful to check if it appears that "On Primary Node" doesn't work for a cluster.

Re: 'On primary node' ListSFTP not working for new cluster

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Tom,

Ok that is pretty interesting and we'd want to get to the bottom of
it.  If you happen to see that state again could you please run
./bin/nifi.sh dump and send the logs/nifi-bootstrap.log that results.

Thanks
Joe

Posted by Tom Stewart <st...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.