Posted to ftpserver-users@mina.apache.org by Jeff Shaw <Je...@wirelessdeveloper.com> on 2010/11/05 20:59:48 UTC

Server monitoring software

Hi all,
I'm wondering if there is a UI application designed to display the status of an apache ftp server. For instance, it would answer questions like the following in real-time: who is connected, how much bandwidth are they using, and what files are they transferring. A console app would work too, I suppose.

Thanks,
Jeff Shaw

Re: Server monitoring software

Posted by David Latorre <dv...@gmail.com>.
2010/11/6 Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>:
> Hi
>
> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 8:59 PM, Jeff Shaw
> <Je...@wirelessdeveloper.com> wrote:
>> I'm wondering if there is a UI application designed to display the status of an apache ftp server. For instance, it would answer questions like the following in real-time: who is connected, how much bandwidth are they using, and what files are they transferring. A console app would work too, I suppose.
>
> We previously had a Swing based application for these (and more)
> purposes. However, the interest in maintaining it was pretty slim so
> it was dropped. Having a console based tool, perhaps talking to a JMX
> API would be even better, but nothing is available today.
>
> /niklas

Hey Jeff,

I was initally interested in developing a JMX-based tool that allowed
for this but unfortunately my available time has been scarce  lately
and (at my paid job) we haven't found issues with ftpserver that would
justify the time investment.

Still, it would be great if you could work on this issue! As you know,
all contributions are welcome.

Re: Server monitoring software

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
Hi