Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Günther Wieser <gw...@creative-it.com> on 2006/01/27 14:23:11 UTC

problem with forwardPattern and modules

hi,

i'm trying to configure the controller using
<controller forwardPattern="/$P" pagePattern="/$P"/>

so that it looks for jsp pages in the webroot folder, no matter if we are
inside a module or not.
but whatever i enter in the forwardPattern or pagePattern properties, no
changes in the behaviour.

went through the source code of 1.2.8, and in
RequestProcessort.internalModuleRelativeForward() i can see that this methd
doesn't take care of any patterns, just combines the module prefix with the
URI to get the new URI.

any ideas?

kr,
guenther

--
Günther Wieser

creative-it
Guglgasse 6/1/11/1
A-1110 Wien
Austria
http://www.creative-it.com

"2 Dinge sind unendlich: Das Universum und die
Dummheit der Menschheit, aber beim Universum
bin ich mir nicht so ganz sicher."
Albert Einstein

Re: problem with forwardPattern and modules

Posted by Hubert Rabago <hr...@gmail.com>.
I don't have time _right now_ to investigate, but the way you describe
your experience with it, sounds like it's a bug.  Creating a bugzilla
issue for it, or even just to get the "known limitation" notice on
Struts documentation, makes sure the issue doesn't get lost in mailing
list archives.

Hubert

Posted by Günther Wieser <gw...@creative-it.com>.
hi,