Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Ramon Buckland <ra...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/23 14:37:49 UTC

GPG Enncryption dataFormat - [was Re: component busy ..]

Okay , so a little more research has led me to a recent update.

As it turns out bouncycastle has removed the IDEA patented algorithm goinng
forward, from version 1.40. This was done in 2008 Q3 by the seem of things.

See http://www.bouncycastle.org/latest_releases.html

This I came across from ..
http://marc.info/?l=webservices-general&m=121603291408315&w=2

So, now, it is OK to include as it no longer contains the IDEA IP.

Back in 2005, this was the original thread alerting Apache community to the
issue.
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/200508.mbox/%3C1AB1C8BD-B886-43C3-8D54-47B558B6DD66@apache.org%3E

Apache Synapse will be releasing with this new version now (because of the
removal of IDEA).
http://markmail.org/search/?q=apache%20bouncycastle%20idea#query:apache%20bouncycastle%20idea%20order%3Adate-backward+page:3+mid:mgwr5lafyasgq7oj+state:results