Posted to infrastructure-dev@apache.org by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org> on 2009/01/03 15:38:18 UTC

Meeting with GitHub folks at ApacheConEU 2009?

Hello,

I noticed[1] that GitHub folks are planning to attendt ApacheCon EU this year. I'm still not sure I
it will be possible for me to attend but chances are very high.

I was thinking about organizing some meeting with these people so we can discuss various things
related to Git. I guess it would be an interesting experience to see how they answer questions we
have in minds and of course that would be a fun..

Are folks from infra team interested in such a meeting?

(I'm cross-posting different lists because I believe not all people are following infrastructure-dev)

[1] http://github.com/blog/282-github-in-europe

--
Best regards,
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Re: Meeting with GitHub folks at ApacheConEU 2009?

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@apache.org>.
El lun, 05-01-2009 a las 15:30 +0100, Jukka Zitting escribió:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 4:38 PM, Grzegorz Kossakowski
> <gk...@apache.org> wrote:
> > I noticed[1] that GitHub folks are planning to attendt ApacheCon EU this year. I'm still not sure I
> > it will be possible for me to attend but chances are very high.
> >
> > I was thinking about organizing some meeting with these people so we can discuss various things
> > related to Git. I guess it would be an interesting experience to see how they answer questions we
> > have in minds and of course that would be a fun..
> >
> > Are folks from infra team interested in such a meeting?
>
> Count me in. :-)

I'll be in if I manage to go to AC EU 2009. I got my proposal on
distributed SCM and source control as accountancy rejected, so the
chances that I go are slim unless I can find some company to pay for it.
It might happen, but probabilities are low.

Regards
Santiago

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I noticed[1] that GitHub folks are planning to attendt ApacheCon EU this year. I'm still not sure I
> it will be possible for me to attend but chances are very high.
>
> I was thinking about organizing some meeting with these people so we can discuss various things
> related to Git. I guess it would be an interesting experience to see how they answer questions we
> have in minds and of course that would be a fun..
>
> Are folks from infra team interested in such a meeting?
>
> (I'm cross-posting different lists because I believe not all people are following infrastructure-dev)
>
> [1] http://github.com/blog/282-github-in-europe

I recommend a BoF to discuss Git @apache; an infra meetup could be there
or separate